At Celairion, we respect your privacy and your personal data. We have therefore created this policy to describe what information we gather, how it is used and most importantly, how it is protected.
We comply with all the applicable provisions on the protection, processing and confidentiality of personal data as well as data security, in particular the Austrian Data Protection Act (DPA), the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Austrian Telecommunications Act (TCA).
This document was created on 17th October 2019 and shall be updated on a regular basis.
What does the law say about Data Protection?
The Austrian Data Protection Act (DPA) states that we must have a valid reason to store information regarding an individual or company. Likewise, if we share that information with a third party.
A valid reason could be:
- To fulfil a contract you have signed with us
- You have given us your permission to use said data
- It is required by law
- It is in our legitimate interest
What data do we collect from you?
We collect data from our customers, our suppliers and job applicants. Below is a non-exhaustive list of the kinds of data we may collect.
- Contact Details – names, telephone numbers and email addresses Company details including VAT numbers
- Bank details if required
- Details about aircrafts in order to complete our contract with you
- Contact details of company and individuals including VAT numbers
- Bank details
- Name and contact details
- Education details
- Employment history
- Referee details
- Immigration details
- A copy of your qualifications
- A copy of your passport
- Details about your current job, including pay, pension and benefits
- Any other additional information you may choose to tell us
We collect contact information for referees, which are provided to us by candidates and staff.
- Contact details – names, telephone numbers and email addresses
- Information about their knowledge of an applicant, in so far as this will assist the applicant in gaining employment with us
To whom could my data be sent?
In order to fulfill the contract you have signed with us, or to consider your employment with us, we may need to send your information to other parties. These could include the following:
The respective Authority e.g. Austro Control GmbH in Austria
- Our accountant
- Other people within our organisation
- Our partners, if you have chosen their services
- Should the requirement arise, with government departments such as the finance department
- Should the need arise, with our lawyer
What will we do with your data?
Your data will be used by us to improve our services and also for the following:
- To keep our records up to date
- To improve our services and the pricing thereof
- With your permission, we may send out occasional newsletters to your email address
How do we collect your personal data?
Mostly you will provide us with your own personal data and that of your company. Alternatively we may receive your data from:
- A colleague
- A partner company
- In the case of job applicants, we will receive your information either from you directly or from an agency
Emergency Contact Details
We ask our staff members to provided us with an emergency number. Should they give us your information,we shall retain your details for the period of employment plus six months.
How long will we retain your information?
In general, we will delete or destroy your information as soon as it is no longer required, or as soon as the project has been completed. Alternatively we may keep your data for one or more of the following reasons:
- Job applicants: If we believe you are suitable for a position arising in the future
- Suppliers: If we believe we shall be using your services in the future; or if we have an ongoing relationship
- Customers: If we have an ongoing relationship or if we believe there may be questions relating to the project in the future
- Legal reasons for example ingoing and outgoing invoices must be kept for seven years
How will the data be destroyed?
Physical data will be shredded in house. Saved data will be deleted.
How do we keep your data safe?
We use physical , electronic and managerial procedures to ensure that the data we collect is safeguarded.
How can you check what information we are holding on you?
In keeping with our obligations under the Data Protection laws, you are within your rights to request a copy of all personal data on our records. You also have the right to correct the same, if this has been erased or if it is inaccurate.
Please direct all enquiries to:
Post: Celairion GmbH, Eco-Plus-Park, 1. Strasse, Nr. 5, A-2460 Bruck an der Leitha